Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 10 April 2012

China Cabinet makeover

I had a friend asking me for a China cabinet that would match her table and chairs that she had bought from Comin' Home.  So I went on a mission to find the perfect cabinet that could be transformed.  I found this china cabinet with a great hutch on top and a rail.  It is solid maple from the 1970's.  I knew it was a good solid piece and I had a vision of how I could transform it.  I forgot to take a picture of it before I started with the two pieces still together  so the first picture is of just the hutch


I cleaned it really well with varsol first then washed it well with water.  Once it was all dry I started painting it with a primer.

I took the rail off and painted it separately as well as the drawers and cupboards.  I will replace the drawer pulls and knobs with new brushed nickel ones and the hinges I decided to spray paint with a hammered nickel spray paint.


This is it almost finished-I still have to replace the hardware and I am undecided if I should distress it(you can see the one drawer I started) or leave it solid black-Leave a comment and let me know what you think.  I love how it turned out and  I look forward to finding the next one to do!




No comments:

Post a Comment