Powered By Blogger

Sunday 13 May 2012

Happy Mothers Day

What a beautiful day.  I slept in-I have the best husband in the world.  He kept the kids quiet and let me sleep until 11 am.  That was wonderful.  K brought me Cinnamon toast in bed-hubby brought a coffee.  My oldest-A -who often avoids the " I Love You's"  gave me a big Happy Mothers Day hug.  We got an ice cream each and went for a walk down by the water.  It was a beautiful day-the weather was perfect.  When we got home we had Margaritas and Ribs out on the deck.
We have a beautiful 6 month old foster baby right now who is the sweetest thing.  When my foster babies go on a visit with their biological families I have a volunteer driver come pick them up and  drop them off.   The driver we have is a young man and is very nice and upbeat.  He came in today with 1/2 dozen roses for me and said he couldn't forget me and all the kids I care for on Mothers Day-that was so so sweet of him.  I have spent my life caring for children-I love it-I wouldn't want to do anything else, so when someone like this guy goes the extra mile to say thank you it means so much to me.
Happy Mothers day to everyone whether you gave birth to a child or take care of children that others gave birth to-the one thing we all have in common is the love of children.

No comments:

Post a Comment